Wednesday, 29 December 2010

2010 A reflection

Helloo! I hope you all had a lovely holiday.
It's that awkward time between Christmas and New Year where you either cause yourself stress trying to shop in the sales, or you hide out at home and watch DVDs - I opted for the latter, so I could contemplate 2010's highlights!

It's been a random year. Aside from having a mind-numbingly dull office job, my illustration work is doing well and I've had alot of really great projects.come my way this year.  I've been lucky enough to get involved with Graduate Fashion Week designing the lookbook for Northumbria, it was a huge project - full of fashion related dramas, but it was an amazing to work on (and a good learning curve for me).

(May/June 2010)

 I've been fortunate to have my work published in a number of magazines and blogs this year, I've loved being involved in Oh Comely, Ballad Of and Amelias - a couple of my fav mags!



In Sept. I exhibited some work at Birmingham Zine Festival and Richmix London which was alot of fun and met some interesting people (note to self: in future, don't wait til 2 days before to invite people to it!)

(Sept 2010)

And more recently in October, myself and 5 other girls formed a collective Tea & Crayons, to collaborate and share illustrationy things. We've actually just been featured in the Tigerprint blog this week - have a looksee here



I don't know where this year has gone, it's gone really fast! If you haven't seen my website www.itslikeart.net I've recently updated it with lots of new work so please join my mailing list, I'm going to put together my first newsletter soon


Have a wonderful New Years eve whatever you're doing. I have a few things in the works to share with you very soon.
I'm off to make up some new years resolutions for 2011 I need to stick to :)
xo

2 comments:

  1. I love Oh Comely! Congratulations, sounds like it has been a good year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a lovely mag isn't it, the editor emailed me your feature on your blog :)
    Happy new year!x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails